Leave a gift in your will
A retreat to recharge from city life. A place for adventure. A haven of tranquillity and solitude. We’ve benefited from the countryside’s healing qualities. And now, our countryside needs us.
By leaving a gift to CPRE in your will, you’ll help us continue to promote, enhance and protect the countryside you know and love for years to come.
Request our free gift in will booklet
Find out more about how your gift can help to regenerate the countryside and the different types of gifts you can leave.
To request a free gift in will booklet and to discuss the possibilities for your gift in will, contact Bronwyn Mauchline, Legacies Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7981 2838.
Help us protect the countryside
Your gift could help to tackle the climate emergency, enhance our Green Belt and improve sustainable access or ensure that every child experiences a night under the stars and learns more about the natural world.
Make a difference with 1%
Anyone can leave a gift in their will, and every gift, however large or small, makes a difference. Even 1% of your estate can create a legacy that supports the future of the countryside.
CPRE has received gifts in wills from all corners of our community. We are very grateful to all friends and supporters who have remembered CPRE in this way. Their gifts today will help ensure our experts, campaigners and volunteers can continue their work after we are gone.
How to enhance and protect the countryside with a gift in your will
It’s easy to leave a gift in your will and you can always change your mind. Just let your wishes be known to your solicitor when you make or update your will, and give them these details:
- CPRE registered charity number: 1174989
- Our address: CPRE North Yorkshire, P.O. Box 189, York, YO7 9BL
For more information or advice, please contact the Legacy Officer at email@example.com or call 020 7981 2838.
Our promises to you
- We’ll always treat you and your wishes with respect and confidentiality.
- Your legacy will be in capable hands. We’ve been successfully enhancing, promoting and protecting our beautiful countryside since 1926, and we’ll continue to work in your name for many more generations.
- We appreciate any gift of any size, and we’ll use our expertise to ensure your legacy will make a lasting impact.
- If you choose to let us know about your gift we can stay in touch and keep you informed of our plans, events and the work we do.
- If you have any queries about leaving a gift in your will to CPRE, our staff will always be available to answer your questions honestly and openly.
How Serena made a lasting difference
Mrs Serena Moore nee Denholm-Young, whose family came from Pickering.
This incredible lady left a substantial legacy to CPRE for the protection of the North Yorkshire landscape (but not for administration). This enables us to continue our work and plan for the future. This most generous and overwhelming legacy illustrates the passion and commitment to North Yorkshire by people of North Yorkshire. Such a legacy illustrates the confidence people hold in CPRE formed in 1929 to prevent urban sprawl.
We shall continue to work hard to ensure North Yorkshire’s landscape is protected. If only we could have thanked Mrs Serena Moore nee Denholm-Young in person.